On this page we’ll keep you updated with new features, bug fixes, and other changes that we make to the Pebbls Tracking App.
1.10.10 – November 18 2023
- Improved media uploads when app is in background.
- Minor layout updates.
1.10.8 – November 16 2023
- Bug fix – issue that prevented some users from viewing explorer information.
- Bug fix – fixed layout issue when adding media to a Pebbl on tablet devices.
1.10.7 – October 17 2023
- Bug fix on “Browse Pebbls” screen where some devices were displaying the map when trying to view an image.
1.10.6 – October 6 2023
- Notification if creating Pebbl without adding any content.
- Reinstated notice on map screen after syncing.
- Updated wording on screens for new journeys and legs.
1.10.5 – September 26 2023
- Redesigned UI for the “Browse Pebbls” screen.
- Solved issue of images occasionally getting stuck in the upload queue.
- Introduced an “Embed Code” button to the Journey Edit screen.
- Fixed issue with viewing videos from within “Browse Pebbls” and “Map Viewer” screens.
1.10.3 & 1.10.4 – September 20 2023
- Corrected camera launch issue on certain devices.
- Revamped “Browse Pebbls” screen to integrate new site features and optimize screen space.
- Fixed missing icons on specific screen sizes for editing Pebbls of previous legs.
- Fixed bug on “Browse Pebbls” screen that could cause app to freeze.
1.10.2 – September 17 2023
- Updated video preview images to use edge servers.
- Minor bug fixes related to media display.
1.10.0 & 1.10.1 – September 16 2023
- Introduced new media pipeline and edge infrastructure.
- Resolved issue preventing loading of previous journeys on some devices.
- Made minor layout and wording updates.
1.9.5 & 1.9.6 – September 8 2023
- Introduced “Tips for Getting Started” at the beginning of a new leg.
- Reorganized new leg flow to display current transport type before starting.
- Included “Settings” and “Current Transport” labels on the main screen.
- Added icons to start/end leg markers on the main screen.
1.9.4 – September 7 2023
- Bug fix where tracking icon was causing crash on some devices.
- Updated Pebbls homepage on “Browse Pebbls” screen.
1.9.3 – September 4 2023
- Rectified time display issue for new Pebbls screen when current timezone is different to timezone to leg start.
- Fixed bug where help guide videos weren’t displaying on some devices.
- Updates to journey sharing capabilities.
1.9.2 – September 1 2023
- Added “Copy Journey Link” buttons
1.9.1 – August 30 2023
- Updated main screen: “New Leg” and “Journey” buttons replace context menu.
- Included journey sharing button on journey screen.
- Added location tracking notification icon.
- Enhanced leg creation process.
1.9.0 – August 27 2023
- Replaced “Journey Details” button with new main screen context menu.
- Resolved brief appearance of main Pebbls button on unintended screens.
- Introduced browsing bar to “Browse Pebbls” (formerly “Explore Pebbls”) screen.
- Added fast-track route for leg creation.
1.8.7 – August 27 2023
- Rectified help screen layout issue.
- Eliminated “Edit Pebbls” button from “Journey Details” section of current leg (Pebbl editing remains on main screen).
- Included “Edit” button in Pebbls list on main screen.
- Addressed GPS track editor bug.
1.8.5 & 1.8.6 – August 25 2023
- Resolved issue preventing some Android users from filming videos within the app.
- Improved cache refresh when viewing journey map from within app.
- Re-introduced logging for troubleshooting issues.
- Added canon Pebbl icon.
1.8.4 – August 24 2023
- Simplified interface for adding media items to Pebbls.
- Enhanced map view data efficiency.
- Resolved background data usage bug for some users.
1.8.3 – August 22 2023
- Fixed image display issue with existing Pebbls.
- Enhanced stability for unsynced media display.
1.8.2 – August 22 2023
- Fixed app crash on launch caused by configuration update. (Android)
- Improved scrolling in text-box input fields for better handling of large text entries. (iOS)
1.8.0 & 1.8.1 – August 21 2023
- Upgrade to application framework.
- Upload sizes shown on sync screen.
- Added notification when closing new Pebbl screen without saving.
1.7.15 – August 20 2023
- Removed debug logging.
- Added “microlight” and “boat trailer” transport types.
1.7.13 & 1.7.14 – July 25 2023
- Added ability to update Pebbl timezone from Pebbl edit screen.
- Minor bug fixes.
1.7.12 (iOS) – July 24 2023
- Fixed bug where scrollbar appears in wrong places for some screens for some iOS 16 users.
- Minor bug fixes.
1.7.11 – July 17 2023
- Fixed bug that gave incorrect character length restriction for new Pebbls.
- Fixed bug where image upload count was showing incorrect number.
- Fixed bug where “Cancel Upload” button was showing during GPS data sync.
1.7.9 / 1.7.10 – July 10 2023
- Updates to image upload system.
- Improved logs for sync processes.
- New notification icon for Android devices.
- Added “Cancel Upload” functionality to sync screen.
- Improved image upload timeout calculation based on file size.
1.7.8 – July 8 2023
- Optimized file upload process for increased efficiency and stability by refining upload logic and eliminating redundant operations.
1.7.7 – July 7 2023
- Various layout updates and bug fixes.
1.7.6 – July 6 2023
- Increased image upload timeout limit for better experience on slower network connections.
1.7.3 – 1.7.5 – July 5 2023
- New “End Journey” screen.
- Various layout updates and bug fixes.
- Fixed bug where images in new Pebbl weren’t always saving correctly.
1.7.2 – July 4 2023
- Enhanced image and location upload compatibility for older devices.
- Optimized Pebbl saving process to minimize server requests.
- Introduced “End Journey” process.
- New features in GPS track editor: “undo” and “delete segment”.
1.7.1 – June 29 2023
- Fixed a bug that caused the app to crash on certain devices when saving Pebbl.
1.7.0 – June 28 2023
- Performance Improvements: Optimized app code for better performance and feature enhancements.
- Pebbl Edit Upgrade: Adjust date and time directly on the Pebbl edit screen.
- Layout and Bug Fixes: Updated layouts and squashed various bugs for a smoother user experience.
1.6.3 – June 22 2023
- Various minor bug fixes.
- Added new Pebbl icons.
1.6.2 – June 20 2023
- Added new Pebbl icons: sparrow, hummingbird, canal, canalboat, and water-wheel.
- Introduced a new transport type: canalboat.
- Updated the default Pebbl icon to be the current transport type.
- Resolved various minor bugs.
- Improved location acquisition for new Pebbls.
1.6.1 – June 19 2023
- Improved logging for troubleshooting.
1.6.0 – June 19 2023
- Improved image upload compression for faster uploads.
- Image and location uploads now going to edge servers for faster uploads and lower latency.
- Revamped tracking logic for better performance and reliability.
- Enhanced storage of user preferences between app launches.
- Upgraded push token registration process.
- Implemented layout refinements.
- Resolved bugs and improved performance.
- Added a button to copy journey URL on the leg screen.
1.5.4 – June 15 2023
- Enhancement: Incorporated image compression feature prior to uploading to optimize performance.
1.5.3 – June 13 2023
- Update to activity detection for improved tracking accuracy.
1.5.2 – June 11 2023
- Enhancement: Implemented optimizations to enhance the overall upload speed of images, resulting in a significantly improved performance.
1.5.1 – June 10 2023
- Bug Fix: Resolved an issue where the app occasionally failed to detect an internet connection accurately.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a bug causing the same Pebbl to appear multiple times on the main screen.
- Bug Fix: Addressed an issue where the icon on the location map within the Pebbl editor screen did not update consistently when the icon was changed.
- Update: Added “whale shark” and “orca” Pebbl icons.
1.5.0 – June 8 2023
- Enhancement: Implemented a revamped login flow for improved performance and reliability.
- Bug Fixes: Addressed various minor bugs and improved overall layout for a smoother app usage.
1.4.11 – June 6 2023
- Update: Added notification to remind users to add a profile photo and update profile details.
- Update: Added “Transport Interests” section to “My Account” screen.
- Update: Added “About Me” section to “My Account” screen.
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue causing app to relaunch for some users on login.
1.4.10 – June 4 2023
- Bug fix: Where some Pebbl data was lost after editing the description and then adding a new image without saving first.
- Bug fix: Where app would occasionally crash when a Pebbl containing a media item was deleted after having been edited at least once.
- Bug fix: Where some media items were not removed from upload queue if Pebbl was deleted before being synced.
- Update: Improved process for registering push notification token.
1.4.9 – June 3 2023
- Bug fix: Keyboard was covering text input on media caption field on some devices.
- Bug fix: Pebbl text was not being lost if it was edited and not saved before editing media caption.
- Update: Update to Strava authentication process.
1.4.8 – June 2 2023
- New Feature: You can now add your legs to Strava or download as a GPX file from the leg details screen.
1.4.7 – June 1 2023
- Bug fix: Where Pebbl position would be reported as null if reposition map was opened and saved without a position change.
- Update: Further improvements to stability with Pebbl edit process.
1.4.6 – May 31 2023
- Bug fix: App was occasionally crashing on login if user had pending notifications.
- Minor styling updates.
- Removed notification audio.
- Added Pebbl mask information text to Pebbl edit screen.
- Added further details to permissions screen.
1.4.5 – May 30 2023
- Bug fix: Further tweaks to Pebbl saving/versioning process.
- Update: Leg GPS track shown on Pebbl location adjustment maps.
- Update: Small map shown instead of “Adjust Location” button on Pebbl edit screen.
- Update: Sync Screen now accessible for users who don’t yet have any existing journeys.
- Update: Minor layout update to leg editing screen
1.4.3 (Android) / 1.4.4 (iOS) – May 29 2023
- Bug fix: iOS app update notification was generating an invalid App Store URL.
- Bug fix: Leg editor video uploads weren’t working correctly on some iOS devices.
- Various minor wording and layout updates.
- Update to conditions when “Leg Editor” is accessible.
- Added support guide link (https://guide.pebbls.com/knowledge-base/permissions/#accidentally-denied-permissions) to alert messages when a user tries to grant a device permission that has previously been denied.
1.4.2 – May 26 2023
- Bug fix: App new version notification incorrectly showing in certain circumstances even when latest version installed.
- Bug fix: Pebbl text not showing for some devices under certain circumstances.
1.4.0 – May 23 2023
- New feature: GPS track editor for legs.
- New feature: App update message on settings screen when new version available.
- Bug fix: Where Pebbl text was being lost after incomplete sync.
- Bug fix: Where some existing Pebbls were not displaying on the main screen after new Pebbl added.
- Feature update: Removed the “Use as Waypoint” option from Pebbls to reduce complexity. GPS track editor can be used to achieve this instead.
1.3.9 – May 17, 2023
- Bug fix where Pebbl information was sometimes lost if a new Pebbl was edited before being synced.
- Bug fix remove media item from upload queue if file can’t be located.
- Bug fix where wrong leg title was displayed in title bar while editing previous legs.
1.3.7 – May 14, 2023
- Password no longer required to access a password protected journey that belongs to you.
- Added in-app notification to inform user when a new version of the app is available.
- New feature to enable users to edit, create, and delete Pebbls for previous legs of the current journey.
1.3.6 – May 7, 2023
- Bug fix where occasionally tracking wasn’t triggered correctly if device was locked immediately after starting tracking.
1.3.5 – May 2, 2023
- Fix bug where new Pebbls created after app relaunch were being assigned wrong transport type.
- Minor Pebbl icon updates.
- Increased location upload batch size to improve sync performance.
- Fix bug where deleted image requests were not being deleted when completed. (iOS)
1.3.3 – Apr 26, 2023
- Fixed bug introduced in 1.3.2 where under certain conditions the data sync process would become stuck after saving an update to a leg or pebbl.
1.3.2 – Apr 25, 2023
- Update to live location settings.
1.3.1 – Apr 25, 2023
- Update to Live Location configuration interface.
- Update to Pebbl icon set.
- Option to skip permissions screen once location permissions have been granted.
1.3.0 – Apr 25, 2023
- Fix missing Pebbl icon
- Fix bug where Pebbl / Leg data could be lost if saving an edit while sync process is running.
- Fix bug where some iOS images were being processed using the wrong format.
1.2.9 – Apr 21, 2023
- New transport & pebbls icons.
- Various minor bug fixes.
1.2.8 – Apr 15, 2023
- 1 week free trial for new Explorer Members.
- Update to map caching system.
- Prevent enabling end of leg location mask if live tracking is enabled.
- Prevent enabling live location tracking if end of leg location mask is enabled.
1.2.7 – Apr 11, 2023
- Improved back button handling on login screen.
- Fixed bug where some users experienced delay when switching to an existing journey.
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
1.2.6 – Apr 6, 2023
- Refresh of profile after uploading new profile photo.
- Redesign of login screen.
- Minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
1.2.5 – Apr 5, 2023
- Resolved issue causing “Edit Details” button on account screen to malfunction.
- Corrected profile photo upload resolution issue that was causing images to appear blurry.
- Updated wording on subscription screen.
- Changed inbox behaviour when user has no messages – goes direct to inbox instead of compose screen.
- Implemented menu/account functionality from “New Journey”, “New Leg”, and “End Leg” screens (previously only available during an active journey).
1.2.4 – Apr 4, 2023
- Added “Browse Pebbls” main menu item.
- Fixed font sizing issue.
- Added “This app is for tracking your journeys.” wording to login screen.
1.2.3 – Apr 1, 2023
- Added account activation email request function for newly registered users.
1.2.2 – Mar 27, 2023
- Updated Terms of Service & Privacy links.
- Added in-app registration screen.
- Added account deletion button.
- Updated permissions wording.
- Added user guide screen.
- Various bug fixes.
1.2.0 – Mar 17, 2023
- Initial production release.